Saturday, April 3, 2010

The Fear of Electricity

Sometimes, things are better left unsaid..
Other times, things must be shouted for the fate of not imploding.

Things are scary. Life is scary.

Even the small parts of life can occasionally be scary.
The smallest fear..... being...(thinking space)... holding hands. And, when you become brave enough and defeat that fear it must be yelled to everyone who can hear you.

Like today for example. I may be loud and ostentatious, but the whole relationship starter kit has never been sent to me. haha Let's just say I freak out whenever having that open-door-opportunity to date. Anyway, today was wonderful.

We were watching my now favorite movie, "Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs," I know, so romantic right? (Brief chuckle) As we go on.. my arm touched his. As if on que in that very moment the electricity started flowing, and he smiled. Then everything slowed down and he put his hand in mine. It was almost as if the clock in his room was moving backwards.

I let his hand go and the clock went back into its normal rhythmic motion.
Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

He asked if it were that terrible to hold his hand. I answered no, and held his hand ag...(The clock slows down) aaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
Then the clock went back into its normal rhythmic motion.
Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

My watch's hands moved back and forth every minute or two and his phone's clock had to be reset a couple of times. While he was putting his phone back into order, I had a quick thought.. What if I just kissed him? Right then and there? Would he be against me for it? Would he be happy ab- the movie credits came up.

We were holding hands.



I really need to figure this whole thing out.




But while I do the figuring I'll be holding his hand and shouting to the world that I did it... I let go of my fears!

2 comments:

  1. Do I even dare ask which guy this is?
    No, I don't.
    You do go through them so fast, my dear. ;) Oh well, that's good at your age. No need to settle down for a decade or more.

    ReplyDelete